Friday, August 5, 2011

August so far...

August is here! I can't believe it! So far, August has been wonderful. Full of busy work schedules, gearing up for Bryce's last year of Pre-K, and getting ready for Jackson's 2nd B-day on Aug 31st. Oh, I have a B-day too on the 13th!! I love Birthdays!!

Speaking of B-days, My fabulous, amazing, talented brother had a B-day party at the House of Blues last friday, so we went along with my parents and cousin, Julia, who was in town! Here is my stud-brother...he wore a suit-so handsome :)


Jackson has been saying some pretty funny things lately. For example: I am driving kids to Ms. Stephanie's in the a.m. before work, we get out of the car, and Jackson looks at me and says " Mama, num-num's and boobies". Normally, the first part-is well, normal-num-num's is what we have called food forever-Bryce started saying that when he was a baby. But, BOOBIES? OMG-what has his brother been teaching him?!!!!! Well, Bryce looks at me with this "DUH" look and says "Mama, he means MOVIES"! LOL!!! I cannot stop laughing about my little (big) baby who is talking so much and about to be 2 years old!

Jackson loves to read all of his brother's books!


We are having a full-out baseball-themed party for Jackson because that is truly what he loves. I know, I know, how can a almost-2 year old love baseball, well, he does. Jackson sits in his red chair with bat and ball, and sometimes a glove in hand, and yells, cheers, and says "Swing the bat"; "Safe", then he takes breaks and actually runs up and down our hallway and slides-with pretty good from, too. It's seriously amazing-we have not taught him anything-he literally studies the game! I guess baseball is really "in his blood" considering Kyle played professional baseball and coached! I can't wait until the end of the month to post his bday pics! Here is Jackson pretending he is the "Catcher" in the Ranger game!!



Bryce is excited about going back to school and seeing his friends. It's neat-this will be the 3rd year at the same pre-school, and all the kids from his previous 2 classes, "Tadpoles", "Monkeys", will be back. I am not sure yet, who will be in his class, but Bryce is so friendly and good at making friends, so he will be great. His class is called the "Butterfly" class, and at first he though that was "girly', but then I convinced him how cool butterflies are and he was cool with it! He is a TANK-over 55 pounds of pure muscle. Bryce is a big helper and loves taking care of his little brother, and has been telling me he needs a sister! He said "Mama, there are just too many boys in our house"...I agree, sweetheart!! HA! He loves his new game "Big Buckhunter", and here he is at Dave & Busters last weekend-so FUN!



This month Kyle and I were supposed to take our vacation, but we have moved it to October for our Anniversary! I can't wait-we are going back to Scottsdale where we honeymooned, but we are staying at the fabulous Four Seasons-golf, spa, pampering, dry-heat...will be alot cooler than Texas, time with my Hubby...I can't wait!! Here is where I'll be in 2 months!!





We are going to see my Best Friend, Jan, her Hubby, Ohm, and their new baby, Chase this month! I cannot wait to spoil him! I love him so much! I'm so proud of Jan, too, she is such a good mommy!

I want to take the kids to a couple places before school starts-I'm thinking indoors is a must with this 110 degree weather, so LeggoLand and the Science museum are calling our names!

Oh, I'm reading an amazing book-"A Confident Heart" by Renee Swope of Proverbs 31 Ministry. I am an avid follower of this ministry, and read excerpts of her book, until I had to have the whole book. It is amazing-seriously, the best $14 you'll spend! Can't wait to finish and write about it!

Have a wonderfully blessed, relaxing weekend!

1 comment:

Channa, Oh its the Coachs Wife said...

How cute is Jackson!! I just happen to be reading another blog and she was talking about the Childrens Museum in Ft. Worth, it looks amazing! I am going to have to check into that book!
I hope y'all are having a great summer!!
hugs, Channa